University of Applied Research & Development (UARD)
This course is designed for Offshore Installation Managers (OIM), Superintendents or Person In Charge (PIC) who are designated as Incident Managers in Controlling Emergencies on Offshore Installations.
The learning outcomes for the module are as follows:
- Assessing the Situation and Take Effective Action,
- Maintaining Communications, Delegating Authority to Act,
- Manage Individual and Team Performance and Dealing with Stress in Self and Others.
- Maintain a State of Readiness
- Assess Situation and Take Effective Action
- Maintain Communications
- Command and Control
- Delegate Authority to Act
- Managing Individual and Team Performance
- Deal with Stress in Self and Others
32 – 42 hours with the ability to start/stop/return at any time.
This course is for:
- first responders,
- active service military,
- emergency managers and
Take this course to understand the theory behind their practice and increase their professional capacity when responding to a major emergency. This course is also aimed at personnel who form part of the Emergency Response organization.
Belhaven University PLA Credits Assessed: 1
*Please note, there is a maximum number of PLA credits that may be applied to a degree program at Belhaven University. Refer to their website for the latest on PLA policies.