The reservations and front desk team can play a major role in booking business for a hotel. Handling incoming inquiries in a highly effective manner can make the difference between winning and losing the sale. The better the closure rate, the higher the revenues the hotel will enjoy. This course will help anyone in the hotel who is responsible for dealing with incoming reservation inquiries. After completing this course, agents will have a thorough knowledge of how to be prepared to do a great job when handling incoming reservation inquiries to increase closure rates and revenues.
Topics covered in Effective Reservations Skills to Help Close the Sale:
- The power of using a customer’s name, as well as the importance of your tone of voice and using complete sentences when qualifying the customer
- How to minimize the potential negative impact of placing a customer on hold by using great on hold etiquette
- How knowing the market trends can help when selling your hotel
- The importance of knowing your competition as well as you know your own hotel
- Qualifying your customers and additional questions to ask to gain great insight to better sell to them
- How to effectively sell the hotel and the rates, versus simply telling the customer the rate
- Different techniques that can be used for upselling
- How to establish and track goals for maximum effectiveness to increase revenues
- Tips on the important step of closing on the reservation and what type of closing techniques you can use
- How to set the stage to be prepared to overcome rate resistance
- A review of the different reasons a customer objects
- Overview of what a fallback rate is and how to use it
- The importance of rate integrity and how to maintain it
Belhaven University PLA Credits Assessed: 4
*This is 1 module of a 12 module series, learner must complete all 12 sales modules provided by Hospitality Softnet to be in consideration for all 4 credits.
*Please note, there is a maximum number of PLA credits that may be applied to a degree program at Belhaven University. Refer to their website for the latest on PLA policies.